FLOOR PLAN / SPECS
At the base of ECHO Cottage’s foundation is an acute attention to detail. From crown molding, to trim and siding choices – your Echo Cottage can be customized to your liking. See what’s inside below! ALSO we will as always try to work with you to personalize your Mom or Dad’s cottage to make them as comfortable as possible, they deserve it!
- Approximately 450 square feet of living space
- 38” long x 12” deep x 13’6’ high (not including detachable hitch assembly)
- Weight: 17,000 lbs
- Stick built on a mobile chassis, but built under the International Building Code and classified as a Modular Home, not a Manufactured Home
- Roofing: GAF architectural shingles with lifetime warranty applied with roofing nails over ice and water shield to prevent leaks.
- Siding: Mastic .40 vinyl siding with lifetime warranty. Double 4 configuration applied with roofing nails over house wrap. Purchased cottages receive a choice of 4 colors.
- Raised panel full vinyl shutters for front and end windows. Purchased cottages receive a choice of 4 colors.
- High performance low E vinyl insulated double hung windows with wood extension jambs, and real window sills and wide architectural casing.
- Fiberglass insulated entrance doors. Brass kick plate and plymouth style locket on front door.
- 6 panel masonite interior doors with architectural casing.
- Door bell at front entrance.
- Exterior light over front and rear door.
- Foam installation in walls and ceiling to minimize air infiltration and drafts. R-30 fiberglass insulation in floor area between the chassis rails.
- Heated and cooled with ducted 18,000 BTU Fujitsu heat pump that is 100% efficient to -5 degrees.
- 20 gallon electric hot water heater.
- 100 amp breaker panel with GFCI circuits and arc fault breakers
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Full security system (contracting required for monitoring service)
- ***NEW*** We are changing to all LED Light Bulbs. They have a service life of 100,000 hours (about 20 years of normal usage), so you will never have to worry about Mom or Dad being tempted into standing on a ladder or chair (and possibly falling) to change a bulb on their own, rather than bother you. Because in a lot of cases our light bulbs will be around longer than them. 🙂
- 15′ 0″ x 10′ 9″
- Vaulted 8′ 6″ ceiling with crown molding
- Large single bowl stainless steel sink with single handle faucet and sprayer
- Refrigerator with top mount freezer. A larger refrigerator can be substituted but it requires eliminating the Dishwasher, there just isn’t enough room.
- ***NEW*** We are changing our kitchen layouts and appliances, after building a couple cottages and talking to our clients, we have come to realize that Mom or Dad doesn’t want to have to learn a new way to bake using a microwave/convection oven, and why should they. It is bad enough learning how to use the new cell phones that keep changing. So when we added 2 feet in length to our cottages we realized we have the room to actually put in a standard size free standing range with a self cleaning oven. we are removing the 2 burner glass cook top and replacing it with an electric range like they have been using for years, we are keeping the smooth glass top feature for ease in cleaning. and we are putting a normal space maker microwave above it to save as much counter space as possible. This way Mom or Dad can immediately resume baking cookies and pies, without having to learn any new tricks. 🙂
- 18″ multi-cycle dishwasher
- Space Saver Microwave above the standard 30″ self cleaning electric range with smooth glass top, for ease in cleaning.
- Choice of kitchen cabinets with purchased cottage
- Choice of Formica countertop purchased cottage
- Plenty of windows for light and cross ventilation
- Large sitting room area which can fit a full sized couch, coffee/end tables and chair
- Pre-wired for telephone and cable
- Blocking in the wall for mounting a flat screen TV
- Paddle fan with light
- 12′ 6″ x 10′ 9″
- Vaulted 8’6″ ceiling with crown molding
- Paddle fan with light
- Built in desk
- Built in dresser
- ***NEW*** We have always taken pride in the fact we will listen to our clients and do what ever we can to make this transition from a home they have lived in for many, many years into a cottage in their child’s yard as easy and comfortable as possible, and because of this we decided we will credit back the built in desk and dresser area in the bedroom if the client wants. The reason is we just finished a cottage for a woman that had only lost her husband. they had bought a bedroom together 50 years earlier, this woman, had been sleeping in that bed and using that set for all that time, chances are, that it would take years, if ever for her to be comfortable again, But luckily our bedroom, if we took out the built-ins and the back door, made the front window taller (we also made the front window in the Great Room taller, to maintain symmetry) to become the secondary means of egress, we could fit her furniture into the bedroom. this made her much less apprehensive about the move, and much more comfortable.
- Custom closet configuration
- Blocking for flat screen TV
- Wired for TV Cable and telephone
- Large enough for queen sized bed and room for walker or wheelchair to maneuver
- Rear door or not depends on the client
- Bedroom door large enough for wheelchair
- Accessible barrier free sink
- Built in linen closet
- Barrier free shower with grab bars and wheelchair accessible
- Elongated convenient height toilet with grab bars
- Stacked washer and dryer
- Pocket door large enough for a wheelchair
- High quality plank vinyl flooring
- ***NEW*** Again after building a few cottages and going through the learning experiences we have rethought our bathroom layout, and decided to give our clients a choice in their layout, if we eliminate the rear door in the bedroom, and increase the height for the front window, and also the front window in the Great Room, for symmetry. we can make the bathroom bigger like the video and include the pocket door to the bedroom.